IC 2016 Host Region - Home Hospitality Form
Our international delegates and staff, from more than 20 countries arrive between Thursday, February 4 – Wednesday, February 10 to experience Jewish teen life in the 2016 IC Host Region. Host families are needed to welcome our international teen leaders and staff as they enjoy a fun-filled schedule before IC officially starts. The cross-cultural exchange is a meaningful opportunity. We encourage you to explore the culture of your guest and learn about their unique Jewish community! Please remember that there will be cultural differences, and opportunities to learn from one another throughout the experience.
The following are general expectations for housing international delegates from February 4-10 (dates may vary):
- Provide comfortable housing with a safe, clean and appropriately private sleeping arrangement.
- Provide transportation from the airport and to/from all programs leading up the international delegate orientation at Convention, mid-day, on February 11.
- A program calendar is being developed and will be shared shortly. Under no circumstances should an international teen ever be in a vehicle driven by a teen driver.
- Provide lunches during programming days.
- If you’re engaging in an outing like to a movie or eating out at a restaurant, please be courteous and pay for your international delegates. This does not include casual socializing, like going to a mall where delegates shop with spending money that they have brought to purchase gifts, souvenirs, etc.
- Some of our visiting teens will have specific dietary and ritual needs. We’ll place teens that are looking for a Shomer Shabbat and kashrut environment with the appropriate households
Interested families should complete this form by Sunday, November 8th For more information about housing an International Delegate please contact Joey Eisman, at 202.857.6632 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.